Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Black Incal Review




The story is very much a tale of a man getting incredibly lucky while also being terribly unlucky.  Lots of colorful images at the service of a story with metaphysical overtones. It doesn't seem to have coalesced into a coherent narrative whole as of yet, but certainly strange enough to keep me interested.

I really like the opening scene, I think it depicted a really strange world, stunning and beautiful. The plot is about the character’s thrown off a bridge known for its suicides and saved by the same people that threw him.

Personally, I think the world it's pretty cool. This comic reminded me a lot of the movie, in that the movie was trying to make a complex and diverse world like the one that’s created here.

No comments:

Post a Comment