Saturday, April 27, 2019

This One Summer Review


The artwork is stunning, and I really like the linework. The story and the characters are also beautifully done. The format seems light and fun, and it's incredibly easy to love and read. 


In the beginning, I thought it was another story like Spirited Away, but I was wrong. It's a summer of secrets and sorrow and growing up. I do love the friendship that went on between Rose and Windy. They loved each other like sisters and spent all of their time together. They had meaningful conversations and they talked about real stuff. It's the kind of friendship you can't help but love. It remained of my best friend, we grew up together, and always share secret together. We talked a lot of things, even the distance between us is far right now, but we are still close. Another thing I like about this comic is parental issues and how it looks to a child. It might not seem like a big thing, but for me who have experienced it, it helped me to feel not quite as alone when dealing with the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment